Supported Data Formats
SLADE 3 supports the following data formats:
Note that embedded archives are supported, with no hard limit on nesting recursion.
- Doom format
- Hexen format
- Doom 64 format
If a format is specified to have full support, it means that it is possible to convert a picture into this format. Other formats are merely displayed.
- Doom picture format, including tall patches. (Full support)
- Doom flat and other raw data pictures of known dimension. (Full support)
- All Doom alpha and press release beta image formats: gnums, sneas, raw data and header, alpha and beta patches.
- PNG, including grAb and alPh chunks. (Full support)
- Shadowcaster/CyClones flats, textures, HUD graphics and sprites.
- Amulets & Armor MipImage textures and UI graphics.
- Quake HUD pictures (also used by Doom Legacy), textures and sprites.
- Quake II "wal" textures.
- Heretic II mipmapped images (.m8)
- Half-Life textures.
- Build engine art tiles (.art)
- Wolfenstein 3D textures, graphics and sprites.
- Rise of the Triad textures, graphics and sprites (except translucent textures).
- Planar graphics (used by Hexen for its startup screen, full support).
Fonts are at the moment treated as graphics composited from all their characters.
A Doom texture is composited from several patches which are typically in the standard picture format.
At the moment, model support is limited to identifying the formats.